VPS is of two types: Windows VPS and Linux VPS. And for understandable reasons windows VPS are more popular because, it’s compatible with various applications and programs and thus it serves for the diverse use of the organization. Its user friendly thanks to GUI interface. Windows VPS hosting is a common choice now for all small and medium scale enterprises and organizations. Major reasons behind the peoples likeness towards windows VPS is due to cheap in price, rich in features, easy to use as compared to dedicated hosting as well as shared hosting services. Windows VPS is also called as Cheap Windows VPS.
Cheap VPS hosting allows every individual as well the organization to take the best advantage of it by providing innumerable services and features. With the help of the Virtuozzo (on the basis of Virtualization) a virtual machine is created. Again with Virtuozzo many virtual servers are created on a physical layer and each of them behaves independently and each one has their unique identity. Now a virtual server will act as a dedicated server. Data is uploaded as a virtual machine known as VM.
Cheap VPS Hosting or VPS Hosting Cheap both yields same results if you go for searching online as both refers to cheap hosting and it has many advantages like:
1. You need not worry about your server maintenance; it will be managed by your hosting provider with no extra charges.
2. Multiple accounts can be hosted on the same server; this refers to multiple websites on the same virtual machine.
3. No bad affect on your server by another neighbor server even though you are on the same physical layer.
4. Regular updating of your server is done by your hosting provider.
5. You will always have more resources’ option for you as you are using a VPS. And these may be reduced and multiplied according to your needs.
6. Reseller VPS hosting provides you the opportunity to open up your own hosting services for your clients need.
7. Cheap windows VPS service allows you a complete server customization.
8. Your server is completely safe and secure and no details are shared with any third party.
9. You will get root access as well as complete control of your server and you can reboot anytime whenever you require one.
10. And perhaps the best and the most attracting point about VPS is that they are cheap in price.
Therefore, cheap windows VPS or VPS hosting cheap has many features and advantages for your business. Choose the best package that suits your needs and demands. With that you can enhance your business to new heights. Almost every company is providing cheap windows VPS and also cheap VPS hosting but variation lies in the service provided by them on long term.
So if you learn about hosting and about various other plans, you are going to get benefited a lot. Because you will be familiar about the potential of a certain hosting companies.
Things to Consider When Looking for a VPS Provider
Virtual Private Servers (VPS) have become very popular means of web hosting. Creating VPS’s basically involves splitting the resources of a very powerful server into several parts and making those parts behave as if they were independent servers. With this approach, each part, i.e VPS, can have its own operating system and software. All kinds of changes can be done to VPS without affecting any other VPS that shares the same physical server.
A VPS offers a considerable performance improvement over shared hosting (where very limited changes are allowed), but is still cheap compared to a dedicated server (which gives you complete control over the entire server). You will need quite a bit of technical knowledge to run a website on a VPS.
There are three major factors that are used by hosting providers in their VPS plans.
- RAM – Random Access Memory (RAM) is a very important factor that affects the performance of a VPS significantly. It is recommended that you choose a plan that offers enough RAM for your application. Since it is one of the costlier components of a server, it greatly affects the price of a VPS.
- Storage – This is the amount of disk space you get with the VPS. It includes the space required for the operating system, installed software like a web server, your application code, content, etc. As a website grows, content becomes the major portion of the storage. When choosing the amount of disk space, consider all of these factors.
- Data Transfer – It is the amount of data that you are allowed to transfer to and from your VPS. Some providers have separate limits for in and out transfer. Data transfer is sometimes referred as bandwidth, though that term is not entirely correct.
CPU speed is a factor that is often not mentioned in VPS plans. Since a VPS shares a physical server with other VPS’s, it also shares the CPUs. Many VPS’s on a single server will mean less processing power for your VPS. Your share of CPU speed is a very important factor and could be used to differentiate between various VPS providers. Even though this information may not be readily available, reviews of hosting providers will give you some idea about it.
Besides these factors, customer support, uptime guarantee and the location of the server should also be carefully considered. A server that is physically closer to the most of your website users will load the pages faster. A VPS provider that gives you an option of monthly billing is preferable compared to the one that requires you to enter a yearly contract. It gives you the option to change providers in case you decide to do so. Some VPS providers will even credit you for the amount of time you did not use any VPS.
Just remember that selecting an affordable plan from a reputable VPS provider is always better than a cheaper plan from an obscure company.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6327080